Struggling with the “unpretty-blues”? Got a nasty ol’ pimple? Is this just an “off” day for you, for some reason?
Yeah, we all struggle with days like these. Whether you’re bloated or you feel guilty for eating too much yesterday, this just might be something you’d like to read. I’m going to offer up a few suggestions about how to make your bad day turn into a decent, if not great, day. 🙂
1. Put on some makeup. Even if you’re just sitting around the house, put on some chapstick and mascara. I can almost guarantee that once you do, you’ll feel a bit better.
2. Since you’ve already put on some makeup, go out to Starbucks or somewhere you love to hang out. Get some caffeine into your system!
3. Go workout. If you’re feeling gross and ugly (not saying that you ARE gross or ugly, because you’re neither of those things!!) and you don’t feel like putting makeup on, go run around the block. You’ll feel better after you do, because as (pretty much) everyone knows, working out releases endorphins, which make you feel happy.
4. Sort through all your clothing items. Every time I go through my clothes, I usually find a few pieces that I’d forgotten about. Then I throw them on and go downtown with my daughter!
5. Call a good friend and meet them for lunch or a last-minute coffee. If they really are a good friend, they’ll help you feel better when you tell them what an “off” day you’re having. 😉
6. My Father-In-Law taught me this: make a healthy (disgusting) smoothie with lots of veggies. When you force yourself to quickly drink your nasty smoothie, it’ll fill your stomach up with healthy things, which will make you less hungry, which will then keep you from eating those delicious, unhealthy comfort foods. My smoothie normally includes broccoli, radishes (which are GREAT for boosting your metabolism and giving you plenty of energy), room-temperature coconut water (or regular water), spinach, kale, ground flax and chia seeds (flax oil will work, too). Prepare yourself, though. This isn’t going to taste good. It’ll sure make you feel good, though!
7. Take a shower and wash your hair. I am one of the (un)lucky people who has extremely thick hair, so I don’t need to wash it every day. I actually only wash it only once a week because that’s helped my hair become healthier. After every weekly washing, though, I feel like a new person!
8. Watch “Friends” or “The Office”. They’ll make you laugh, which will make you happy and/or giddy.
9. Go for a walk. Maybe try to go somewhere you’ve never gone before and do a bit of exploring!
10. Wait for sunset and go outside to watch it with your significant other, or a good friend. Chat about your day and just spend some quality time together.